Here is this week’s edition of the Eye on East Asia Blog Round-Up!
- Bamboo Butterfly - A white girl’s guide to being Taiwanese.
- Chris Backe - Five misconceptions many Westerners have about South Korea.
- Contemporary Japanese Literature - Kathryn’s critical review of Alex Kerr’s book, Lost Japan.
- Fili’s World - Fili explores the lesser-known tourist attractions of Hong Kong’s Sheung Wan district.
- FluentFlix - An interview with Cheng Yangyang, founder of YoYoChinese.Com.
- Green Shinto - John ponders the allure of Japan’s rock temples.
- Hacking Chinese - Olle’s guide to pinyin traps and pitfalls.
- Jay Dee in Japan - Jay Dee shares his photos of some of Fujisawa’s attractive manhole covers.
- Life Behind the Wall - Read through Jo’s list and find out if China is the right country for you.
- Life on Nanchang Lu - Fiona misses out on meeting a living Buddha.
- LocksleyNet - Locksley explores China’s creepy abandoned “Disneyland”.
- Peckish Laowai - Discover an easy way to listen to foreign language radio on your PC or smartphone.
- Tea Leaf Nation - Find out how Chinese social media is changing lives one story at a time.
- The Capital in the North - The author tries (and fails) to do something productive with his National Day holiday.
- This Japanese Life - Ever wondered what it would be like to be sick in Japan?
- Tofugu - John lists his top 10 Japanese drama series.
- TsukuBlog - Avi writes about one of Japan’s Kanto region’s greatest festivals, the three-day long Sawara Festival in Chiba Prefecture.
- Writer, Traveller, Tea Drinker - Becky talks about the myths and realities of China’s dating culture.
That’s all for this week’s edition of the Eye on East Asia Blog Round-Up. The next edition will be posted on Sunday 21st October 2012.